Friday, May 19, 2006

Meditation and the Sounds of Spring

I pulled up onto my driveway after working all day and running some errands. It was a gorgeous day outside. It was in the low 70’s, sunny with a light breeze. It was just my kind of day.

Normally, I immediately go into the house to start dinner, the laundry and any other chores I think I can multi-task at the time.

This time I decided to sit in the car and meditate. I rolled down the windows, closed my eyes and thought peaceful, weightless thoughts.

As I meditated I felt the spring breeze floating through the car and heard the soft rustle of the leaves on the trees. The birds were chirping merrily. The chimes on the porch swayed a gentle tune.

I stayed in the car for over half an hour, just listening to the sounds of springs while I meditated. It was such a gentle, comforting way to end the workday. I felt rejuvenated and refreshed.

Mother Nature and the sounds of spring sure have a way of brightening my spirit and making me appreciate the priceless blessings in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home