Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rainy Days and Daydreams

It's been raining in New York for a couple of days now, and it looks like it will for a few more. I've been gazing out my office window, letting my focus go and just, well, daydreaming. A rainy day seems like the perfect day to daydream. I like to close my eyes and drift back in time reliving some of my favorite memories. I love to close my eyes and picture the faces of all of the people who have touched my life -- teachers, friends, family, mentors.

Daydreaming lets me wonder what it would be like if I took a chance and did something new and unexpected. Well, maybe I won't be an Olympic Gold Medalist, a championship rider or a famous scientist as I daydreamed when I was younger; but then again maybe I'm not too far off the mark. After all, it isn't too late to take skating lessons, learn to ride a horse, take some science classes, write a best-selling novel. It could be that those very things I used to daydream about as a kid were a prelude to what I can accomplish as an adult.

I may not become world famous but I know I can let loose and take that giant leap to actually living out some of my daydreams. Besides, I want to hold onto some of those dreams of knowing I can accomplish anything and everything. And even if I don't get to live out all of those dreams in reality, I know I can close my eyes and be anything or anyone I want to be. And, well, isn't that what rainy days are all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home