Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Quick Cure for Motion SIckness

I’m a big baby. I admit it. I really don’t travel well. Whenever we go on a family vacation, a long ride, pretty much anywhere at all, I’m always the one to get motion sickness. If I’m the one driving, I’m fine. I’m usually okay when my husband drives, but absolutely no one else.

We went into New York City one day. One of the things we decided to do as a family was take the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan. It wasn’t long before I was violently ill. I was completely sick to my stomach and could barely turn my head because I was so dizzy. The motion of the boat was like a slow, torturous death to me.

The awful truth of it was – we hadn’t even left the dock yet! The boat was swaying and knocking into the dock; and I was leaning overboard turning green. That’s when my kids asked me if I had taken my ginger – the ginger I normally carry with me. So I admit it; sometimes I’m not too bright. The ginger was still in my purse.

Fortunately, ginger works quickly for me. Within 45 minutes, I was feeling back to my old self. Of course, I did have to listen to my husband and kids make fun of me. But I figure I deserved it.

Apparently it isn’t enough to just carry those ginger capsules with me; I actually need to swallow them! That’s the last time I forgot. Ginger capsules and I have a great relationship now; we always travel together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home