Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Music in My Heart

I must admit I live in fear; a daily overwhelming fear that is what propels me forward. My fear is simple really. I don’t want to die before I achieve my heart’s desires. It is the fear that I will leave this world never having accomplished my life’s purpose.

Now some fears can be horrible and debilitating. On the other hand, some fears can be great. That’s what my fear is – absolutely, truly, wonderfully great. Whenever I am hesitant about trying something new that I really want to try, I listen to the music in my heart. Whenever I wonder if I can accomplish something, be good at something or make a difference, I listen to that music.

I know I always have a choice. I can live my life choosing to follow my own path or I can choose not to. The fear that I will come to the end of my life never having listened to the sounds in my heart is a blessing. I don’t want to compromise. Each day I want to live according to my values and morals, cherish my family and friends, acknowledge my blessings, and be the best I can be. Each day I choose to do something special just for me even if it is just some extra quiet time.

When I reach the end of this life, I don’t want to think ‘what if’. Instead I want to think back and reflect on what a magnificent symphony my life has been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home