Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Learn to Speak Up

When I was a kid, I was always sad that my classmates didn’t automatically know it was my birthday. They seemed to make a big deal out of everyone else’s birthday except mine.

Then I found out something really interesting. Everyone who was greeted with birthday wishes, smiles and hugs had told their classmates it was their birthday. I never did. I just assumed everyone would know. They didn’t.

So I felt left out for no reason at all – except that I chose to remain silent. As soon as I told one classmate, the rest all knew. I then received the same great birthday greetings as every other birthday child had.

Now I know how important it is to speak up. Don’t assume. Whether it is something little or something really important, remember to speak up. Never assume that someone can read your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home