Monday, June 19, 2006

Oven Fries Great in the Summer Too

I really like crispy veggie burgers and portabella mushrooms on the grill. They are so good on organic whole grain buns. My thing is that I prefer hot potatoes to potato salad or macaroni salad.

So all year long I love to make oven fries. I cut 4 to 6 russet potatoes into chunks. While they are still wet from slicing, I put them in a plastic bag that has about 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs with a little parmesan cheese added. I use a Misto spritzer to spray some olive oil on top.

I place the potatoes on non stick aluminum foil in a shallow baking pan. Then I bake them for about 25 minutes in a preheated 450 degree oven. They really taste great.

Sometimes I omit the breadcrumb mixture. I spray the potatoes lightly with the Misto and add a little kosher salt. The cooking time and temperature are the same. Totally wonderful all year long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home