Monday, June 05, 2006

The Majesty of Nature

My thirteen year old daughter is in Italy, and I'm here at home. She's having a great time, and I'm miserable and lonely without her. When I spoke to her last night she was so excited and happy even though she was exhausted. She was standing by the balcony of her hotel room gazing at the water and mountains in Sorrento. She said that the landscape was magnificent and that everywhere she looked was breathtaking beauty. The entire day had been filled with unbelievably gorgeous sites.

When I got up this morning, I opened my windows and gazed into the sunny blue sky and thought of her. My spirits immediately brightened. God and nature are so wonderful, connecting us all, and gracing us with their magnificence and awesome majesty. Although we are thousands of miles apart, I felt that same connection with her that I always have.

How wonderful that we can both look around us and appreciate the beauty, peace and serenity that nature offers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home