Monday, November 20, 2006

Holiday Stress

Most of us really love the holidays -- planning, preparing, spending time with family and friends. One of the things we don't seem to plan for is the stress. But planning ahead to have a stress free holiday season is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves.

I always find it is a great idea to make lists of what I want to accomplish. I choose what I can comfortably do in a day -- and mark off and appreciate what I have accomplished. More importantly though I visualize what I expect the holidays to be like and anticipate in the joy in advance.

Rather than rushing through card writing, really concentrate on your feelings and truly connect with the person you are writing to. Celebrate in your mind the past memories you have shared.

Don't let the holidays pass you by -- really enjoy them -- all the sights, sounds and fellowship.

Each day do something simple but relaxing just for you -- even if it is only five minutes to drink a cup of tea.

This year let's commit to having fun -- and getting through the holidays stress free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home