Friday, October 06, 2006

The Problem with Being Right

This morning as with so many other mornings, I was cut off as I was driving to work. I find it absolutely amazing how rude some people can be – and how careless. My personal belief is that these are the people who would be the most offended if this were to happen to them.

So what does this have to do with living a healthy lifestyle? If I were to continue to dwell on this all day long – something I have done in the past – I would ruin my own day and affect my work performance.

But the truth is that the person who cut me off is never going to think about it. He/she has moved on and will not give it a second thought. So I now just take this as a fact of life – one of my three things that will go wrong each and every day – and get on with my life.

I am determined to choose and maintain my own moods and to be responsible for my thoughts and behavior. So if someone cuts you off or otherwise disrupts your day, move on and let it go. After all, the other person did. So you, and only you, are responsible for your own reactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home