Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Lesson Relearned

There are times in my life that I do something that I know is incredibly stupid but nevertheless do it anyway. This morning was one of those times. I had this craving to have a cheese Danish for breakfast this morning. Okay you say – what is so bad that that.

And here it is. My wonderfully sugary, empty calorie breakfast left me feeling absolutely, totally awful. Within 20 minutes of eating it, I was extremely tired and wanted to take a nap. Within 30 minutes, I had trouble concentrating. Shortly afterward, I had difficulty focusing and working on the computer.

Within two hours of eating this nonsensical, ridiculous breakfast I was in a terrible state of mind. I felt like crying and was totally and completely depressed. I basically ruined my own morning as I played with my blood sugar level.

I know not to eat this stuff – to stay away from garbage food. Yet I fell into the trap of eating something that looked and smelled scrumptious. Definitely a lesson relearned. If you want to look and feel great, you have to eat healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home