Monday, October 09, 2006

The Power of Attraction

Have you ever heard about the Law of Attraction? It really is an interesting phenomenon that like attracts like. So if you think positive thoughts, good things will happen. If you think negative thoughts, bad things will happen. So we actually attract things into our lives depending on whether our thoughts are positive or negative.

Have you ever had a day when you were just in a really bad mood and everything seemed to go wrong? The day probably started out poorly and then continued that way well until evening.

On the other hand have you ever had such a great day that everything seems to fall into place perfectly? These are the days when we are our best, as if we were on fire and nothing can stand in our way.

I normally have positive, uplifting thoughts throughout the day. My best days are when I stick to my normal routine of meditating three times a day. Each session doesn’t have to be long, just enough to rejuvenate me and keep those positive thoughts flowing.

Well, one day I really let my thoughts get out of hand. Someone had been particularly rude to me over and over again. He was just downright nasty to me, and I had no idea why. I actually had never even had a conversation with this person.

So there I was at work, thinking about this person and really being annoyed. I just kept thinking about it allowing myself to get more and more agitated. The result was that I was overwhelmed with bad thoughts, fell and broke my knee. I just couldn’t believe that I had done something so incredibly stupid when I know better.

I allowed someone who is not even important in my life to affect my thoughts. He has absolutely no significance in my life whatsoever. But I had allowed my mind to be taken over by bad thoughts – and wound up breaking my knee.

What a lesson I learned. We are in control of our own thoughts regardless of how anyone treats us. It is up to us to decide how we will react. Deciding in advance to think positive thoughts will set us up to have a great day. And when those bad thoughts do enter our minds as they will, we should just let them pass through without paying them any unnecessary attention.

So let the Law of Attraction work for you. Think great, wonderful, happy, positive thoughts and see what wonderful things will happen. At the very least, you’ll have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home